Facials and face masks make the skin smoother, fresher and cleaner. So they should be included in your regular beauty care routine. Most of the modern cosmetics contain foods, plants and herbs. Many cream and shampoos are available with lemon, eggs, milk, honey or cucumber. You can make your own natural facials and face masks with basic ingredients like fruit and vegetable found around the house to apply once a week does wonders for your skin. Here are simple tips to prepare facials and face masks naturally at home.
- Wipe out the face with fresh milk. Take a few drops of Cucumber juice or strawberry juice and keep it in freezer for some time, Soak a cotton ball in this and apply it on face. Mash a well ripened papaya and massage the face gently with this papaya. Soak the fingers in orange juice while massaging. Take a small quantity of mashed papaya, 2 drops of honey and small quantity of milk and mix it well and apply it on the face as face pack finally.
- A fine paste made with six almonds and a little water is supposed to be especially good for large pores. This almond paste should be rubbed into the facial skin and neck with your finger-tips. If will refine your skin texture.
- Papaya juice softens the facial skin but it should be left on the face for five minutes only.
- Oats & Mango pulp facial is very effective in removing the darkness caused by the sun in summer. Take the mango pulp in a container, add 3 teaspoon of oats, 3 teaspoon of almond powder and add 3 teaspoon of milk cram and mix them well. Apply this on face and leave it undisturbed for 20 minutes. Then wash it with cold water to get glow. This removes the darkness caused by the skin and refreshes it.
- As already said, wipe out the face with fresh milk. Mash the raw cabbage and keep it aside. Also take juice from the same. Massage the skin with the mashed cabbage and soak the fingers in cabbage juice while massaging. After 15 minutes of massage, wipe the face with the wet cotton and apply a face pack which is made out of smashed cabbage, honey and milk.
- Take a small quantity of Honey, milk cream, cucumber juice and chick pea flour. Mix it well and apply it on the face and leave it undisturbed for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes it can be washed.
- We often doubt that if we have saffron whether it will increase the complexion or not? If we drink the milk as soon as adding saffron to that it won’t be of benefit. Add some saffron in hot milk and keep it for 15 minutes. If we have it, when it turns yellow it will be of great benefit.
- A paste of cooked and mashed turnips and carrots, spread on the face and left on for 30 minutes and then washed off with cotton wool soaked in milk cleans and beautifies your complexion. Carrots and tomatoes can also be mixed together and used in the same way.
- We can get pure Kumkumathi thailam in ayurvedic shops. Buy it and mix it with milk and massage it for once in a week. It will definitely increase the complexion and will give fairness. It is important that we have to apply a pack with sandal and milk after the massage.
For Brighten and Tighten your Face Skin.
- If you want a face-tighten or before going to a party to brighten your face, then beat one egg-white and apply on your face. After it dries in about fifteen minutes, wash it off with warm water.
- If you want to tighten the under eye area for a special party, apply the beaten egg-white with a paint brush over the area. After it dries, apply make-up over it.
- Oatmeal mixed with butter milk, or honey or grated cucumber or even plain water is a good face-mask. It whitens and smooth’s the skin.
- Pure honey applied on the face and left for a while is excellent for it.
- Fuller’s earth (Multani mitti) is supposed to be very good for nourishing the facial skin. Take a little Fuller’s earth, grind it to a smooth powder, sieve it in cheese cloth and then mix some milk to make a smooth paste. Apply it over your face and neck and leave to dry for half an hour. Wash off with warm water. This clay mask will leave your face clean and smooth.
Those who want to increase the complexion, should remain the usage of sunscreen lotions with SPF 20-30 while going in hot sun, wearing gloves while travelling in two wheeler, having more green vegetables and fruits, tender coconut, milk, curd etc. The above said facials can be done in 15 days interval. Those who do not have pimples can even do this for once in ten days.