Best Beauty Tips
- Laugh Your Way To Happier Healthier You
- On Being A Patient Why Do People Sea Doctors
- Prevent Heart and Mental Health
- Sleep Troubles
- Sleep Well - Stay Healthy
- Something About Jeans - Tight Jeans Lose It
- The Responsibility Of Patient's Medical Advice
- Patient's Characteristics and Adherence
- Why Do We Fall Sick?
- Why Do Patient's Leave Doctors
- Vitamins and Depression Connection
Best Beauty Info
Why do we fall sick?
Have you ever wondered how and why we fall sick?
Well, our body is very amazing. It is like a fortress protected by the skin, the white blood cells (the soldiers) and the antibodies made by these cells (the bullets). Our body is under constant attack by small, tiny organisms called the germs (the enemy). These germs are so small that we need to use a microscope to see them.
These germs, when they enter into our body, go on an attack spree and may cause infection only in one particular part of the body like your eyes, lungs etc or may affect the whole body causing fever. Our body tries to fight these germs with the help of the white blood cells and the antibodies. Sometimes, we may need to take medicines like antibiotics that almost bulldoze the germs. The germs that cause infection:
Bacteria: They are tiny single celled creatures and cause infectious like pneumonia, sore throat, sinusitis, ear infectious and boils.
Viruses: They are organisms that depend on a living cell to live. They usually cannot live outside a living cell. Viruses cause infections like flu, chicken pox, measles, mumps, polio and many other diseases.
Fungi : Fungi are organisms that grow on damp, molded environment. For example, when bread is left outside for several days, the white substance that grows on it is fungus. Fungi cause infections of the nails and rashes in the thighs, armpits and other skin folds.
Protozoa: They are larger organisms and include the intestinal worms, the organisms causing malaria.
How do we protect ourselves from germs?
- First and foremost, eating healthy and nutritious food helps you to make your body stronger.
- Proper exercise and adequate exposure to sunshine makes you feel better. And a stronger body has better energy (white blood cells and anti bodies) to fight the germs.
- Maintain hygiene. By doing this you will keep most of the germs away from you.
- And do not forget to visit your physician to take medication.