Dandruff is a normal unharmed disorder. But it hurts the people a lot. Dandruff will be in all the seasons but it will be more in rainy and winter season. It provides not only the irritation to the scalp but also the flakes shedding from the scalp will make us experience a bitter feeling. But it is not a spreadable disease. It challenges the self esteem.
What is dandruff?
It’s not a problem to grow hair but to maintain it. Some are affected psychologically for unusual hair loss. Chemical shampoos shown in advertisements are used by some people and they lose hair by those shampoos.
There should not be dandruff problem for preventing hair loss and getting long hair. For most of the people hair fall is due to dandruff. We can understand that there is dandruff if we have irritation on scalp.
Even the eyebrows are affected by dandruff. If we use the hand where we used on the dandruff, it will spread there. For instance it spreads on the ears. It is caused because of the scarcity of enough oil content. If it is left untreated there will be enormous hair fall.
The root causes of dandruff
Dandruff is caused by the microorganisms on head. If dandruff affects there will be itching on the scalp. If we treat the itching with our hands, flakes will shed from the scalp. This will spread to the whole head and start itching. Those parts will become white in color and there will be hair fall.
There is a greater possibility for dandruff for those who have dry skin. That too in winter season there is a greater chance. For those who have dry skin. The dandruff will be oil free and small in size.
For those who are having oily skin another type of dandruff will appear. For oily skin, yellowish or pale yellow colored dandruff will appear. This type of dandruff will appear for most of the people.
In medical field they call it as seborrhea dermatitis. It is a skin allergy like eczema. This not only appears on the scalp but also the underarms, inner side of the thighs, central part of the chest, eyebrow, nose folding, back side of the ears.
Here are some easy ways to remove dandruff naturally with home remedies. Use the instructions which are suitable for the skin type.
- Curd and Pepper: 2 teaspoon pepper powder is mixed with 1 cup of curd. Then apply it on the scalp and soak it for 1 hour. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo.
- Olive oil: Olive oil can cure the dandruff. Apply the olive oil on the scalp before going to bed daily in a warm state. Then wash it with shampoo in the morning.
- Vinegar: Vinegar has potassium and other enzymes. This can cure scalp itching and the dandruff. We can use this vinegar in many ways. Apply apple cider vinegar on scalp and massage it for 5-7 minutes. Then rinse well, the dead cells and dandruff will be removed. The hair fall will also be cured. Or one tablespoon vinegar is mixed with one cup water and used to rinse the hair
- Lemon and garlic: Lemon will avoid the flakes coming out of the scalp. Garlic is an antibiotic. It stops the growth of bacteria. So one table spoon lemon juice is mixed with 2 table spoon garlic paste and applied on the scalp. Then rinse it off with shampoo
- Onion: Onion is ground and applied on the scalp. It is soaked for 1 hour and washed. Dandruff will be removed by this. For removing the odor of the onion, lemon juice can be applied.
For preventing dandruff: Oil bath is to be taken twice in a week. Aloe Vera can be applied before bathing. Oil foods which are full of fat like Ghee, Milk, butter can be eaten. These can give the oil content to the skin. From this we can prevent the hair from dandruff micro organisms.
This is not an uncontrollable problem. But it is time consuming, so it needs continuous care and patience. Mild shampoos are to be used for cleaning the shampoo.