What is Botox?
Botox (Botulinum toxin A) is gained from the bacteria clostridium Botulinum. This is the treatment in which the medicine are injected by micro needles which is used for the middle aged people to treat the wrinkles, lines in face. It is used to control the secretion of sweat, chronic head ache, and to remove the muscular spasm in the eyelids and to control the urinary incontinence.
How it works?
When Botox is injected inside the muscles, it prevents the signals between muscles fiber and end of the nerves. The muscles are weakened and the particular place becomes paralysed without any sensation. So the skin in the place becomes soft and the wrinkles are removed looking younger complexion. But the wrinkles due to sun tan and the gravity cannot be treated with this.
So the skin in the place becomes soft and the wrinkles are removed. But the wrinkles due to sun tan and the gravity cannot be treated with this.
What is the procedure of Botox treatment?
In general Botox is a protective and useful treatment. But it is not suitable to everyone and it should be given by a well trained doctor or a dentist. Especially the dentists are taking care of cosmetology treatments now a day. So before taking the treatment, your health and medical records are examined and then decision is taken.
Botox treatment procedure is speedy and maximum of 20 minutes and depends upon the number of injections required. A few minutes are enough to inject a Botox. We should not rub with pressure at the place for 2-3 hours after injecting it. Then you can indulge in your daily activities. It will take 3 to 7 days to get the benefit out of this treatment. Also you should avoid alcohol and aspirin tablets before one week before taking this treatment. The pain is bearable so the anesthesia is not needed.
Important treatments in which Botox is used
- It is mostly used in cosmetology treatment and very protective one also. First the doctor will discuss about the places where it should be injected. In general, it is injected at where the wrinkles and lines appear on the face like near eyes, nose, cheeks and the spaces around the mouth. Then the doctor will inject the Botox at the necessary places through micro needles.
- When the treatment is taken for hyperhidrosis, this is injected in the underarms.
- When there is severe neck and shoulder spasm (Cervical Dystonia) and when the patient is unable to rotate the head this treatment is given.
- Some people may have spasm of the eyelids in excessive-Blepharospasm. When this Botox is injected on the eyelids the muscles are loosened and the problem is thus cured.
- When this treatment is given for chronic headache, this is injected on the forehead or on the muscles in the backside of the neck.
- Few people may have the nervous disorders in the bladder and thus will not be able to save the urine in the bladder. When Botox is injected in the urinary bladder it loosens the muscles and thus gives the capacity to store it. Thus it controls the control the urinary incontinence.
For how many days Botox will work?
The face of those who has taken this treatment will continue without wrinkles for four to six months. When decrease the effectiveness of the botox, the muscles and the nerves functions normally, so the wrinkles and the lines will appear again. But the wrinkles and the lines will not be heavy like before.
Side effects of Botox treatment
- Fever and the normal not feeling well of the body
- Pain on the eyelids
- Hanging down of the eyelids (Temporary)
- Pain in the face muscles
- Pain and the red colouring of the place of injection
- Weakness of the muscles
- Double sight
We should consult the doctor if we have problem in respiration, swallowing food or in speaking after Botox.
Cost of the Botox treatment?
The treatment cost vary from doctor to doctor and hospital to hospital. In common $300 may be the cost. If you prefer a well trained doctor or a specialty hospital the cost may increase.
Who should avoid Botox?
Botox is not suitable to everyone. The below persons should avoid using it
- Those who have infectious diseases at the place where the injection should be done.
- Pregnant ladies and those who think they are pregnant.
- If allergic chemicals exists in botox.
- When you have the problem of nervous disorders due to this treatment.
- Those who breast feed the children.
Important things to be observed while taking this treatment
- If there is haemophilia to the patient then there will be heavy blood loss.
- If they have dysphagia.
- If they have respiratory problems.
- If they have epilepsy.
- If you have undergone surgery in eyes.
Botox will give adverse effects when you medicate with the following medicines.
- (Muscle relaxants)
- (Antibiotics, including tetracycline)
So it is necessary that you should inform the doctor whatever the medication you undergo.