It is a popular kind of temporary removal of unwanted hair present in the body. It is not emerged recently. It is an old method where Egyptian women used this for removal of small hairs with this. It is not like shaving hair, since it will take 3-8 weeks for the growth of the hair. It is a sticky one, but it is a best choice for hair free skin. There are many methods of removing unwanted hair, but still waxing is the one which is very safe and without side effects. If you want to avoid the salon and like waxing on your own, here are the simple step by step procedures to prepare homemade wax and remove unwanted hair by waxing at home.
How To Prepare Homemade Wax?
- 600 gram sugar and 250 ml lemon juice are mixed together.
- Mix it well in a heavy bottomed pan on the stove. Then keep it in high flame and heat it for 5 minutes.
- Then stir well in low flame for 2 to minutes. Stir until it becomes like a wax.
- Then add ½ cup water into it. If this mixture goes down then it is the right consistency. Or else do it until you get the consistency.
What Are The Unwanted Hair That Can Be Removed Through Waxing?
We can remove the unwanted hair which are present in hands, legs, under arms, face and chin.
How To Do Perfect Waxing At Home?
- First we have to cleanse the surface where we have to remove the hair.
- Then we have to dry them off and apply the talc cum powder on the surface.
- Then apply the wax with the help of the blunt knife. Apply at the same direction of hair growth.
- Now take a cotton cloth or piece of paper and apply pressure up to the wax gets cooled.
- Press the wax strip on the wax.
- Now pull the strip against the hair growth. We have to repeat the above things until all the hairs are removed.
- After removing hair in this method cleanse the skin with the sponge or cotton by mixing the antiseptic liquid.
- After that massage it with after waxing lotion or massage cream.
Things to Consider Before Waxing
- To get benefit out of waxing, we have to apply some powder on the skin before doing waxing. So it will be easy to remove the hair and then pain will also be decreased. Waxing can be done once in 15 days.
- Waxing will not be suitable for tiny hair which is newly grown. We should avoid using this for face often. If we do it, the skin will be loosened. Threading is the best one for face.
- We can use this for even the bikini areas. The beauty salons do like Brazilian waxing and panty liner waxing etc. We can do this in home itself, if we can bear the pain. The skin will be very smooth after waxing. Even the skin will remain smooth even after the regrowth of the hair.
- Those who are diabetic and those who do not have blood circulation in balance, should not do waxing.
- If you intake the drugs like Retin A, Renova, Differin and Isotretionin then you should not undergo waxing.
- Waxing should not be done on warts, pimples and places affected by sun burns.
- Don’t apply wax on the uneven places and the swollen area.