We have discussed about the normal, dry, oily and combination skin’s maintenance and treatments elaborately out of the five types of the skin. Let us discuss about the skin care tips for sensitive skin with parlor and traditional methods.
The Reasons for Sensitive Skin
The problem which affects the sensitive skin is reddening of the skin, side effects for the cosmetics including moisturizers, problems that occur due to the sun heat, extreme heat and the extreme cold are the most common reasons. They should minimize the usage of the cosmetics. They can use the cleanser without any fragrance followed by the moisturizer and the sunscreen. They should consult with the cosmetologist before taking any skin treatments. They should avoid the preserved foods and the sweet foods. Vitamin A and beta carotene are good for the sensitive skin.
How to Identify Sensitive Skin?
What is the Different Types of Sensitive Skin?
Sensitive skin will be very soft and delicate. It has two types. One is visible sensitive skin. i.e., more pimples, heat boils, reddishness due to exposure to sun all are visible on the skin.
Second type is invisible sensitive skin. i.e, nothing can be seen outside. But they will get allergy even for a small mosquito or ant bites.
How Often Sensitive Skin?
The skin which is familiar to be in the normal environment, or cold region areas when exposed to the extreme hotness suddenly or usage of the chemical rich makeup products or bleaching often or if the improper maintenance of the skin will be changed to the sensitive skin.
This type of skin should be maintained with using the cleanser, toner and moisturizer often. If it is not done the skin problems like pigmentation, rashes, blackheads may arise. For this we have to take treatment with the dermatologist along with the parlor service.
Cosmetics to Avoid for Sensitive Skin
- People having sensitive skin should avoid the cosmetics with more fragrance and alcohol. Because the chemicals will cause the itching and the inflammation in the skin. People having sensitive skin should use the natural products to maintain the skin. And also they should avoid the hard facial scrubs.
- The vapors and the removal of black heads may cause the irritation on the skin. But before doing all this we have to consult the dermatologist.
- Using the powder makeup always is good for this. If you use the liquid foundation you can use the silicon based foundation. It is good for this.
- We should not use the old cosmetics, especially for the eye products. Foundation and lipstick can be used for one year. Mascara can be used for three to four months. Powders can be used for two years. Also the makeup brush and the sponges should be cleaned properly.
- Using black eye liner and the mascara can be used. Because they will not cause allergy.
- Pencil eye liner is manufactured with the base of paraffin. So the preservatives are very less in this. So using the pencil eye liners are good. The latex which is used in the liquid eye liner causes allergy to some people.
- The people with the sensitive skin should not wash their face for more than two times. If you wash it often, the natural oiliness in the face will go off.
Maintenance of the Sensitive Skin
For sensitive skin the face wash containing salicylic acid should be mixed with more water and wash often. Or the raw milk should be applied on face using a cotton ball and after five minutes we can wash with the cold water. They should not wash their face or bath in hot water. They should eat the watery fruits to reduce the body heat and the sensitiveness of the skin is reduced.
The cosmetics are a worst enemy for sensitive skin. If it is unavoidable foundation, moisturizer, sunscreen all should not be used more. Because the pores in the sensitive skin are blocked by these creams. So we will get more problems. So we can use the lotion based products. But before applying all this, we should cleanse the skin and use toner mixed with the ice water to tighten the open pores.
Suitable Facial for Sensitive Skin
Many facials which is done in the parlors will not be suitable for the sensitive skin. For them the facial with fresh fruits are good than the chemical facials. Especially the strawberry facial is good for sensitive skin.
In this facial, the strawberry fruit skin is smashed and it is used as a scrub in the face. Then water vapor is given and then the black and white heads are removed. Then the fleshy part of the strawberry is made into a pulp and massage is given with this. After this, the face is covered with the bandage cloth. Melted paraffin is applied over the bandage cloth in Luke warm heat. This mask is removed after 10-15 minutes. This facial is a good moisturizer for the skin as well as it helps to be a healthy one.
Homemade Face Pack for Sensitive Skin
- Take a handful of cherries and grind them with 10 ml of coconut milk.
- Cover the ice cube with a muslin cloth and use it as a bag, keep it all over the face.
- After that, keep the bandage cloth on the face and apply the thick mixture of cherry- coconut milk and keep it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the pack along with the bandage cloth.
- Wipe the face with a cotton dipped with the rose water.
If you continuously do this weekly once, the skin will glow and the sensitiveness of the skin is decreases so that the skin turns to be a normal skin soon.